Friday, September 09, 2005

Last Full Day in Tokyo

Today was our last full day in Tokyo, so we tried to make the most of it. But first, look Mom they even have the Beatles in Japan! :)


Spotted on while in the Aichi prefecture, in Toyota City.

So, Terence and I decided to start the day in Akihibara, or as I like to call it, Electronica Mecca. Most of the stuff there I wouldn't know what to do with, so most of the time while Terence was browsing, I was trying to stay out of the way of the other shoppers. I took a few pictures, and found a vendor selling puzzle boxes.

I've found I really like looking at all the signs in Japanese, and Tokyo is a GREAT place for people watching. All sorts of interesting clothes and techno gadgets, from cell phones to mp3 players to mini disc players. I really wish Terence and I had more time to spend here. :)

After Terence explored for a bit, we went to try and find a noodle place that he and his parents had gone to, but it was closed due to renovation. We decided to go to a tempura place that was two or three doors down. MMmmm, it was so yummy!

I had this, with tempura shrimp, fish and squid.


And Terence had this. (He did give me his shrimp, though) His noodles were cold, and yummy. We've been trying to decide weather or not to get a pasta maker when we get back to the States, so we can make noodles!

After we finished in Akihibara, we went to Kappabashi, where restaurants get their suppies from dishes, to the plastic foods that they have in the windows.


We got a few things that I can't quite share here... Christmas gift and all. :) I will say we did see some cool stuff.

How about teeny tiny dried shrimp?


After visiting Kappabashi, we decided to go and hop on the Metro and go to the Imperial Palace.
The Imperial Palace and Tokyo is on high alert this week due to elections that they're having, so Terence and I couldn't really get close to much.


Terence outside an old guard tower at the Imperial Palace.

A gate outside the Imperial Palace.

A swan in the moat at the Imperial Palace.


Terence at the Imperial Palace gardens with Tokyo Tower in the background.

Finally, Dad, saw this and instantly thought of you...


So, who IS Number 1??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home